"Hello Dear Dr. Pourgol,
Congratulations! For your amazing and interesting lectures in the Osteopathy program, both the technical and the business parts, especially the business part which is your experiences during many years. I watched every lecture several times and I enjoyed them. I wish the best for you.
Thank you so much
Mahmood Mohseni, MD
NAO full time student, class of 2012"
At National Academy of Osteopathy (NAO) we teach the art, science and philosophy of osteopathy with passion and pride. We welcome research and support patient centred, evidence informed scientific health care. We attract the best and brightest applicants, hire faculty who are experts in their fields, and work continuously to improve our curriculum. We teach techniques that are scientific & proven effective through evidence based research. We prepare students for the real world by teaching business principles. We aim to make our students the most successful manual osteopaths in the world.
Our Faculty are highly qualified and come from all disciplines and backgrounds to bring students a rich learning experience. Their teaching methods ensure a blend of strong theoretical knowledge with ample application of hands-on experience, providing students with in-depth understanding in a nurturing and dynamic environment.
Our Clinic offers the campus based students an opportunity to gain rewarding hands-on experience within our diverse community based settings. As osteopathy interns, NAO students assume patient care under the supervision of clinical faculty—most of whom also operate clinical practices outside of NAO.
You should choose National Academy of Osteopathy for the following reasons:
1) National Academy of Osteopathy teaches more scientific osteopathy techniques than any other osteopathic college.
2) NAO is the only osteopathic college focused on graduating successful manual osteopaths. NAO graduates receive full education on marketing, business management, financial planning, tax strategies, asset protection, wealth creation, public relations, advertising, estate planning, etc. NAO is the only osteopathic college in the world teaching these topics in detail.
3) NAO teaches students how to create a niche market and be known as an expert in that market. We teach students about geriatrics osteopathy, osteopathic MVA rehab, slip & falls management, multidisciplinary accident care, sports osteopathy, paediatric osteopathy, independent disability evaluation, & TMJ pain management amongst other topics.
4) Professor Pourgol's lecture series on "Setting Up a Million Dollar Practice" and "Improving Your Brain & Achieving Your Goals by Manipulating Reticular Activating System & Psychocybernetics Mechanism" are available only to NAO students.
5) We prepare our students academically for the board exams and offer free tutorials.
6) NAO is the copyright holder of the Canadian title “DOMP – Diploma in Osteopathic Manual Practice”.
7) NAO offers scientific osteopathic education that is World Health Organization (WHO) compliant.
8) NAO graduates receive scholarships to study at our sister school, the National University of Medical Sciences (Spain).
9) NAO graduates are in high demand. In London, Ontario (Canada) there is a waiting list of up to 1 year to see a manual osteopath. In Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada) the waiting list is up to six months. Over half of manual osteopaths in most of the English speaking provinces of Canada are our graduates.
10) NAO supports our graduates for life. Our graduates are always welcome to contact us for support as we are the support behind them if they ever need it. Our support does not finish after the graduation date as we consider NAO graduates as a member of our family.
11) NAO graduates are accepted for membership into many of the top associations in Canada, including the Ontario Osteopathic & Alternative Medicine Association (www.osteoassociation.com), the second oldest manual osteopathic association in Canada, National Manual Osteopathic Society & Society of Osteopaths of Canada. These associations are accepted by most extended health plan insurers in Canada.
12) We offer the only accredited full time manual osteopathic education in Canada. Our total teaching hours are the same as other Canadian colleges of osteopathy. However they last 3 to 5 years because their lectures are provided one weekend a month for 6 months per year while our programs run full time. We also provide part time education as well.
13) Along with our two sister schools, the National University of Medical Sciences (USA) and the National University of Medical Sciences (Spain) we are the largest provider of manual osteopathic education in the world, teaching in 68 countries.
14) We are the first osteopathy school in Canada that has alumni in every Canadian provinces (including Nunavut, Yukon and Northwest Territories) and every continent of the world.
15) Along with our two sister schools, NUMSS USA (www.numss.us) and NUMSS Spain (www.numss.com) we are the only schools teaching manual mechanotherapy, the lost techniques of osteopathy.
Join us; become a manual osteopath and secure your future.
Our Students are dedicated, enthusiastic, and dynamic.
Being part of this high energy group is motivating and inspiring.
Dear Dr. Pourgol;
In July 2010 when you told me about osteopathy I was interested in it But the thing that was always in my mind was: "Is it possible for me with no background in Health to start this program?"
You told me that you are creating a program that anyone with no background in Health can study and learn manual osteopathy and be successful in it. Still In February 2011 when I started osteopathy I was not sure about it but I did it because I trusted you.
Now after a month that I am in the osteopathy Program I am Sure that with your method of teaching the manual practice of osteopathy and the passion you have for teaching and also the curriculum you gather for other subjects in this program (anatomy,Pathology,...) IT IS possible to become a successful manual osteopath ONLY in 4 months.
I just want to thank you for creating this opportunity.
Full time student-class of 2011