National Academy of Osteopathy (Canada) is the main reason for the international expansion of osteopathy since 2010. It is thanks to NAO that millions of people worldwide in Africa, Asia, and elsewhere have now access to this amazing miraculous health care.
From its inception, NAO has provided leadership in scientific; evidence-based manual osteopathic education. Our proud traditions of academic and clinical excellence—preparing students for achievement and success—have always been at the core of what we do, and will always remain our highest priorities.
In keeping with our motto, “Clinically Based; Practice Oriented; Scientific Manual Osteopathic Education,” we complement basic and clinical sciences with the art of caring for people.
• NAO is well known as a leader in scientific manual osteopathic education. We only teach techniques that are effective and proven through evidence based research.
• At NAO we place heavy emphasis on business & clinical education. We prepare NAO graduates for the real world by teaching them business principles, including marketing, investment, & tax planning. I personally teach my students everything I know about running a successful business.
•Because NAO graduates are expertly prepared to work in integrated care settings and to provide the highest quality patient care, they are the most likely to succeed in this new environment. We graduate successful manual osteopaths.
•Our technique labs average approximately ten students to each professor (10:1). This kind of low student-faculty ratio assures you will confidently enter the profession after graduation, prepared to provide the best treatment for your patients.
• NAO graduates are eligible to receive manual osteopathy malpractice insurance from many liability insurers including Holman Insurance at a preferred rate.
• NAO and its 2 sister schools, the National University of Medical Sciences (Spain) & the National University of Medical Sciences (USA) are the largest provider of manual osteopathic education in the world, teaching in 68 countries.
• NAO and its two sister schools, NUMSS (USA) and NUMSS (Spain) are the only schools of osteopathy teaching manual mechanotherapy, the lost techniques of osteopathy. We teach more techniques than all other osteopathic schools in Canada.
• NAO graduates can apply for membership to many associations such as Ontario Osteopathic & Alternative Medicine Association (the 2nd oldest association of osteopathy in Canada), National Manual Osteopathic Society, Society of Osteopaths of Canada. NAO graduates who are members of these associations can bill most insurers in Canada for osteopathic care.
•NAO is registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) which permits NAO graduates to receive up to $5000 in tuition and textbooks tax credits.
• NAO graduates receive advanced credits & scholarships to upgrade their education by enrolling at the online DO (doctor of osteopathy) program of National University of Medical Sciences (Spain).
NAO is proud of the leadership and rich heritage it contributes to the profession. The future of health care will focus on integrating disciplines, preparing competent manual osteopaths, providing effective care, and promoting health.
National Academy of Osteopathy will prepare you to fill the rapidly evolving role of the manual osteopath. I invite you to become part of our vision of osteopathy's growth and a future of serving patients in need of our unique healing art and science.